A host/hostess greets arriving guests with a smile, upbeat positive attitude, welcomes them into the establishment and seats them, as well as answers any questions they may have. The hostess ensures that guests are comfortable and kept informed of wait times.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Education & Experience:
· High School Diploma or GED preferred.
· Experience in restaurant or food service capacity highly desirable.
Licensing & Certification:
Computer Equipment, Software, Machinery:
Essential Physical Requirements:
· This job requires the ability to hear, stand, talk, turn/twist, walk, and repetitively use hands 51-100% of the time.
· This job requires the ability to balance/climb, bend over, push/pull, carry, lift, and slide/transfer 1-25 lbs. 25-50% of the time.
Essential Mental Demands:
· This job requires the ability to problem solve, organize, plan, make decisions, and read 51-100% of the time and write 25-50% of the time.
Work Environment (inside/outside):
· This job is performed indoors with exposure to loud noises and fumes (i.e., cigarette smoke) and occasional exposure to hot/cold temperatures.